config issue?

Tue Aug 26 12:37:05 IST 2003

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 10:26 am, Julian Field wrote:

> At 01:18 26/08/2003, you wrote:
>
> >MailScanner uses the command-line version of SpamAssassin, not the
> > backgroudn daemon.
>
> No it doesn't!
>
> It takes the most efficient route possible, which is talking directly to
> the SpamAssassin API. SpamAssassin in reality is just a huge library of
> perl functions, and I call them direct without any external programs being
> involved at all.

Oops :)   Sorry, Julian, now you correct me I remember you saying this
before, unfortunately in the wee hours of this morning my brain simply knew
that MS didn't use spamd, and jumped to the unjustified conclusion that that
meant it must use the command-line version like it does with virus scanners :)

I should have known you'd bypass the inefficient bits and go straight for the
code :)

Antony.

--

Most people are aware that the Universe is big.

 - Paul Davies, Professor of Theoretical Physics