MailScanner doesn't deal with lousy internet

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Aug 26 12:26:50 IST 2003

The problem is caused by the anti-virus autoupdater not being able to run
properly. In order that MailScanner never tries to use a half-updated virus
scanner (which would be a "very bad thing(tm)") the autoupdaters lock out
MailScanner while the update is in progress.

If you let me know what virus scanner you are using, I'll take a look at
the autoupdater and see if there's anything I can do for you. What version
of MS are you using?

--
Julian Field