Testing MailScanner

Tue Aug 26 02:27:47 IST 2003

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 2:22 am, Vernon Webb wrote:

> Because the install was done by rpm and since the options you've given me
> are more than I able to do.

I have seen on this list that vendor-supplied (RedHat, Mandrake, etc) RPMs
are not the recommended way to install MailScanner / SpamAssassin.

I don't know the details since I don't use an RPM based system, but I believe
the install instrctions at http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install
are simple and reliable.

I don't believe there's anything more challenging about installing MS version
4 than there was with version 3, and it really is a good system worth setting
up.

Regards,

Antony.

--

I can resist everything but temptation,
I can tolerate everything but intolerance,