Testing MailScanner

Vernon Webb vernon at COMP-WIZ.COM
Mon Aug 25 23:41:54 IST 2003

> I'm not a RedHat user, but this looks encouraging to me (you're *sure*
those
> sendmail instances aren't bypassing MailScanner and delivering direct...?).

How would I know this?

> What do the headers say on an email which should be blocked?

That's the problem they are not saying anything about MailScanner. Shouldn't
they at least say scanned?

> What does your syslog show as the mail is being processed?

I think that we mave have found something here:

Aug 25 18:31:12 home sendmail[4474]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): opendaemonsocket:
daemon MTA: cannot bind: Address already in use
Aug 25 18:31:12 home sendmail[4474]: daemon MTA: problem creating SMTP socket
Aug 25 18:31:12 home sendmail[4474]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): opendaemonsocket:
daemon MTA: server SMTP socket wedged: exiting
Aug 25 18:31:14 home root: Process did not exit cleanly, returned 0 with
signal 11

> You should check that both the above show your mail is getting processed by
> MailScanner, and you should check (in the syslog output) what the Spam
> Actions are shown as, and compare this with "Spam Actions = ...." in your
> MailScanner.conf

Spam Actions = deliver