Testing MailScanner

Mon Aug 25 23:54:21 IST 2003

On Monday 25 August 2003 10:38 pm, Vernon Webb wrote:

> > Er, feed some spam through it and see what it does with it?
>
> I could have figured that one out. ;) I guess my point is everything is
> coming through and now when I start the MailScanner I get the following
> error message:
>
> Executing /etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner restart ..
>
> Shutting down MailScanner daemons: MailScanner: [ OK ] incoming sendmail:
> head: /var/run/sendmail.in.pid: No such file or directoryhead: /var/run/sm-
> client.pid: No such file or directory[ OK ] outgoing sendmail:
> head: /var/run/sendmail.out.pid: No such file or directory[ OK ]Starting
> MailScanner daemons: incoming sendmail: sendmail: usage: sendmail [ -t ] [
> - fsender ] [ -Fname ] [ -bp ] [ -bs ] [ arg ... ][ OK ] outgoing sendmail:
> sendmail: illegal option -- qsendmail: usage: sendmail [ -t ] [ -fsender ]
> [ - Fname ] [ -bp ] [ -bs ] [ arg ... ][ OK ] MailScanner: [ OK ]

Sorry - this looks like RedHat-type startup scripts to me.

Any RH people out there able to comment on this?

Antony.

--

All matter in the Universe can be placed into one of two categories:

1. things which need to be fixed
2. things which will need to be fixed once you've had a few minutes to play
with them