config issue?

Mon Aug 25 17:07:38 IST 2003

On Monday 25 August 2003 4:47 pm, Rob Livermore wrote:

> I've configured the mailscanner.conf file to delete anything that is marked
> {SPAM}

How have you done this?   Please post the relevant bits of your
MailScanner.conf (without comments).

> however the SPAM is still delivering to the mailboxes.

Check the headers of an email which gets delivered - make sure it got
processed by your MailScanner, and check the syslogs on the mail server when
it processed the mail - see what it says for "Spam Actions:" just after
logging all the reasons why it got tagged as spam.

> On a side note - is it possible to block certain internal email addresses
> from receiving external emails?

If you are using sendmail, then these can be configured in your virtusertable:

baduser at mydomain.com            error:nouser No such user

If you're not using sendmail, maybe someone else can suggest how to do this.

Regards,

Antony.

--

It is also possible that putting the birds in a laboratory setting
inadvertently renders them relatively incompetent.

 - Daniel C Dennett