Trend Micro autoupdate script?

Henrik Bro hb at dfs.dk
Sun Aug 24 12:10:24 IST 2003

Just to follow up on Gerrys question. I would also like to have an
autoupdate for Trend Micro.
I am new to Linux and do not have experience in writing scripts.

My simple installation of Trend vscan:

I have extracted the following "files/dir" to /opt/trend/iscan/

libvsapi.so (scanengine)
lpt$vpn.* (patternfile)
pattern (dir) used in my update-script-thing :)
virus (dir)
vscan (program)

And linked /opt/trend/iscan/ to /etc/iscan/

My update method:

This is runed from cron:

#!/bin/sh
#-----------------------------
wget -nd -t 5 -P /opt/trend/iscan/pattern/ --mirror
ftp://ftp.antivirus.com/products/pattern/*.zip
#-----------------------------
cd /opt/trend/iscan/pattern/
unzip -o -t \*.zip
cp -u lpt\$vpn.* /opt/trend/iscan/
cd /opt/trend/iscan/
chmod 444 /opt/trend/iscan/lpt\$vpn.*
chown iscan:iscan /opt/trend/iscan/lpt\$vpn.*

This is a test installation, and I know that it does not secure the
MailScanner process when updating, and perhaps need some "if error then" :)

Perhaps someone could comment on this. Am I on the right track or not. And
perhaps some link to sites with help on writing update scripts like this?

Best regards,
Henrik