sobig.f virus also sending to message id addresses

Sat Aug 23 01:05:20 IST 2003

On Saturday 23 August 2003 12:53 am, mark david mcCreary wrote:

> For what's it worth.
>
> I can see lots of sobig.f virus coming to the email address that was
> in an outgoing message-id.

Hmm.   My systems have gone pretty quiet now - probably because the owners of
the infected machines have turned them off and gone home for the weekend...

There is one thing I've noticed, though - a marked increase in ping scans
over the past few days, over pretty much the same timescale as Sobig....

Hm, maybe I'll go to bed.

Antony.

--

All matter in the Universe can be placed into one of two categories:

1. things which need to be fixed
2. things which will need to be fixed once you've had a few minutes to play
with them

--
This email has been scanned for viruses, spam
and dangerous content by the Rockstone Networker