Sobig getting tagged as spam not virus

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Fri Aug 22 18:30:15 IST 2003

Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:
>At 16:42 22/08/2003, you wrote:
>>
>>Rather than force the process of checking could it be possible to have an
>>option whereby
>>
>># This could be the name of a ruleset
>>Checking precedence = virus file spam
>
>That's not such a bad idea. Let me think about that one....

Rulesets are usually per-message, whereas the scanning order has to be
per-batch. I can see it usefully being a global configuration option
for advanced users, but I think making it a ruleset would be pushing it.

Tony.
NORTHWEST FITZROY SOLE: SOUTHWEST BACKING SOUTH 4 OR 5, BECOMING VARIABLE 3 IN
EAST. MAINLY FAIR. MODERATE WITH FOG PATCHES.