ANNOUNCE: Beta 4.23-7 released

Philip Craven pcraven at LGU.AC.UK
Fri Aug 22 10:48:50 IST 2003

Thanks Julian - a timely response as usual, which should save one of our
smaller servers over the coming Bank Holiday weekend.

Just a couple of minor points - shouldn't the new variable %org-name%
have been used in the Mail Header definition?

Tony's new version of mcafee-autoupdate doesn't work with Solaris 8/9 -
it doesn't seem to like test -e on a directory.

Julian Field wrote:
> I have just posted 4.23-7.
>
> This contains a few fixes discussed recently to do with RAV and implements
> the new rule "Virus:" keyword allowed in rulesets so you can create
> rulesets for some viruses such as
>
> Quarantine Infections = /etc/MailScanner/rules/quarantine.rules
>
> and then in that file put
>
> Virus:  sobig   no
> Virus:  default yes
>
> Please the ChangeLog (www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/ChangeLog) for
> more details.
>
> If you are interested in content filtering (blocking content based on the
> number of appearances of certain words or phrases) then please get in touch
> with me and I'll let you try what I have done so far in this area.
> --
> Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info

Philip Craven
Senior Systems Officer (UNIX)
ICT Services, Academic Services
London Metropolitan University
(City Campus)
100 Minories, Tower Hill, London EC3N 1JY

020 7320 3156