kavdaemon 4.0.1 support?

Fri Aug 22 09:33:01 IST 2003

On Friday 22 August 2003 8:07 am, Andrei Loukinykh wrote:

>  Hi all
>  I'm trying to get Mailscanner to work with my Kaspersky AVP 4.0.1 for
> linux server.

Hm.   I use it with Kaspersky 4.0.3....

>  If I use kaspersky-wrapper - everything is ok, because it uses kavscanner
> to check messages.

Good.

>  But I want to use kavdaemon to reduce cpu load - is there any way to do
> it with MailScanner?

Not recommended.   The batch processing system used by MailScanner is more
effiicent with plain command-line virus scanners, then if you try to use
daemonised versions.

Plus, if Kaspersky haven't done an excellent job of writing their code (how
likely is that, I wonder...), then a daemonised version stands more chance of
creating problems with memory leaks etc than the standalone command line
scanner.

Regards,

Antony.

--

If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it,
we'd be so simple that we couldn't.