W32/Sobig.F virus header

Thu Aug 21 12:51:18 IST 2003

On Thursday 21 August 2003 12:23 pm, Peter Peters wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:04:30 +0100, you wrote:
> >> :-) Are you going to be famous ? :-)
> >
> >I know of at least one idiot who's filtering on "X-MailScanner: Found to
> > be clean". Hope they didn't want any mail from some mailscanner users.
>
> I don't know if it's the same but he claimed he hasn't seen this kind of
> header ever. And in a large archive he couldn't find anything either.
>
> But it is no problem because everybody has customized that header. They
> did, did they?

No, the reason it's no problem is because people will be filtering on
"MailScanner: Found to be infected" (ie assuming the worst), not filtering on
"MailScanner: Found to be clean" and joyfully ignoring another header which
says it's definitely unclean....

Or at least, I hope that's what they're doing :)

Antony.

--

This email was created using 100% recycled electrons.