How 2 drop email w/ .pif attached

Wed Aug 20 22:47:31 IST 2003

On Wednesday 20 August 2003 1:48 pm, Tom Combs wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   We are getting slammed with email that has .pif attachements.  I
>   think this is the sobig.f problem.

You "think" !?   I suggest you use a virus scanner on your system - for
example ClamAV if you don't want to spend any money - it's been detecting
Sobig.F since about 09:45 GMT 19-8-3.

>   In our filename.rules.conf file, .pif attachments are set to the
>   deny action, which causes an email to be sent stating that the
>   message was blocked.  Is there away to simply delete any email
>   with .pif attachments?

You want the "Silent Viruses" option once you have a virus scanner installed,
because there's no (easy) way to handle .pif attachments any differently from
any other blocked attachment - either they all get deleted, or they all get
bounced, etc.

Antony.

--

Anyone that's normal doesn't really achieve much.

 - Mark Blair, Australian rocket engineer