Rav bug fix MISSING in beta 4.23-5?

Joseph Watson jtwatson at datakota.com
Thu Aug 21 05:15:48 IST 2003

On Monday August 18 2003 04:45 pm, Julian Field wrote:

> I've just tested it with the latest beta release of MailScanner and it
> detected 3 viruses in a message just fine. Are you still having problems?
> If so, please do "ls -l /usr/lib/MailScanner" and "ls -l
> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner" and "ls -lR /usr/local/rav8".

I believe I have found the problem that is causing Rav Antivirus to not work
with MailScanner on Mandrake 9.1.  It seems to be a permission problem.  You
have to be root to run Rav.  A unprivileged user is simply returned to the
command line with no output from Rav.  With no output, it looks just like a
clean message to MailScanner.

Now I can't figure out why there is a permission problem on mandrake??  Maybe
someone can help me with this?

--
Regards

Joseph Watson