MailScanner Configuraiton Problems

Don Watkins dgdubya at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 20 04:05:25 IST 2003

My Mailscanner machine has a RELAY in the access file
in /etc/mail/, i.e. notes.frkl.wnyric.org   RELAY.

I've been 'tail -f maillog' and I can see when
MailScanner starts and I can see mail recieved locally
from domains inside 'wnyric.org'.  I cannot see mail
that I send in from outside like yahoo.com.

--- Mike Kercher <mike at CAMAROSS.NET> wrote:
> What does your maillog say?  Is your MailScanner
> machine configured to relay
> mail for wnyric.org?  It should be...you should also
> have a mailertable
> entry that directs mail to your Notes server.  I
> would make your MailScanner
> machine's MX priority 10 and the Notes server not
> even be listed as an MX
> for the domain.  This way, crafty spammers don't hit
> the secondary MX first
> and circumvent your setup.
>
> Mike

=====
Don

In the Midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.--- Deepak Chopra

http://www.dgdubya.com/