NOTIFY-New Guestbook Entry

mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Aug 18 23:28:56 IST 2003

New Guestbook-Entry from Jason Jeffries

I\'\'ve set up a MailScanner w/ SA & ClamAV for my employer, a smallish ISP with a couple thousand internet access customers; we also host a few hundred virtual email domains for local companies and the like.<br />
<BR><br />
<BR>My MailScanner is looking at about 75,000 incoming emails daily; usually 50,000+ of those will turn out to be spam and virus fodder.<br />
<BR><br />
<BR>Before MailScanner, our mail servers (I won\'\'t mention the name but it starts with \"I\", ends with \"Mail\", and runs on--ugh--Windows) were using their built-in spam filtering & an external virus checker. It made the machines run terribly, let tons of spam through, and dumped a lot of legitimate mail  in the trash. Now we\'\'re getting compliments instead of complaints.<br />
<BR><br />
<BR>Thanks for the fine software, fellers!