Rav bug fix MISSING in beta 4.23-5?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Aug 18 17:19:28 IST 2003

At 16:53 18/08/2003, you wrote:
>I am desperately trying to get Rav to work with MailScanner.  The latest
>beta said it fixed RAV output handling (ProcessRavOutput sub in
>SweepViruses.pm).  When I compare ProcessRavOutput between 4.22-5 Stable
>and 4.23-5 beta, there is no changes at all??
>
>Am I missing something or did this update get left out?

Check what you have in the way of
         /usr/lib/MailScanner/rav-wrapper
files. If you have a ".rpmnew" version then rename that over the top of
your rav-wrapper.

There should be a couple of lines in it saying

# Replace the last lone "." with "./*" if it's there. Rav seems unable to
# recurse properly.

I don't think I changed the actual parser at all, I just added this.

Please let me know how you get on. I have just checked using this parser
with both old and new versions of RAV and it appears to work.
--
Julian Field