mailscanner and debian woody 3.0

jack mendez wiler1 at EARTHLINK.NET
Sun Aug 17 18:17:28 IST 2003

okay so i was able to solve my problems with the compilation with a bit of
adjustment to my path.
mailscanner appears to be running
gave me a process id, etc.
now, here are my questions.
1. i have configured exim per the instructions in the mailscanner exim
documentation
2. using fetchmail i retreve mail from a remote pop server, and then wait
for it to be delivered.
exim appears to be delivering it to the proper queue
as there is mail in the /var/spool/exim_incoming directory
i have MailScanner set to check the incoming directory every 2 seconds.
i have an aditional directory specified for outgoing messages in the
exim_outgoing.conf file.
/var/spool/exim_outgoing
there is nothing in this directory, and MailScanner appears to be doing
nothing, any ideas?
thanks for the help so far