SV: Anti Virus Software and which to get

Henrik Bro hb at dfs.dk
Sun Aug 17 10:34:57 IST 2003

If you want to use F-Prot you have to buy license for all the users (250) it
will protect. I asked them what if I used it on a smtp-gateway, and the
answer was that I still had to buy license for the number of users/mailboxes
that the smtp-gateway would protect.

RAV sales mailed me that they will stop selling AV-products because of the
Microsoft AV Alliance-thing!

This is what I found interesting:

License by server (not by users or domain) is possible with "CA eTrust" and
"Frisk F-Secure".

If you are non-commercial you can use Trend-Mircro for free. See
http://kb.trendmicro.com/solutions/solutionDetail.asp?solutionID=7353

BitDefender have nice discounts for educational institutions.

And the open-source ClamAV (for free and works just fine). I know that it
can not cure the file, but most of the virus we get is worms. And I use it
with commercial scanners.

Best regards,
Henrik Bro