Anti Virus Software and which to get

Christopher Lyon cslyon at NETSVCS.COM
Sat Aug 16 01:46:50 IST 2003

I know this question has been asked but I don't know that the details
have been given and I wanted to clarify something before I spend some
money. I also noted the FAQ on f-prot and that is also where some
confusion came into play. It said the price as a flat fee and not based
on users. $300 per server.  Anyway, here is the break down and any
comments would be great. Also, if there is anything else like McAfee
that is worth looking at the is flat fee based, please bring it up.

f-prot
F-Prot Antivirus for Linux/BSD Mail Server - $299.00 based on 1-24 users
F-Prot Antivirus for Linux/BSD File Server - $389.00

So, if I am using this as a gateway and was wondering if I can just use
the fileserver version of f-prot? Otherwise it would be a lot for the
250 users we have and I would be better off getting f-secure or RAV.

f-secure
F-Secure Anti-Virus v4.50 for Servers for Linux - $269.00

RAV
RAV AntiVirus for Sendmail(Linux) - $299.00 based on two domains

Both f-secure and RAV are good and about the same with a small
difference. RAV is based on domains but f-secure isn't. So, does this
matter with MailScanner or is this a moot issue? Sounds like f-secure is
the way to go.

Clav
Clav is open source but it doesn't disinfect. We will need it to
disinfect.