mailscanner and debian woody 3.0

Peter Vermaas vermaas at JMDEJONG.NL
Fri Aug 15 13:20:04 IST 2003

jack mendez wrote:

> okay here is the deal.
> i tried to install mailscanner with debian woody 3.0 and it failed, broke
> my /var/lib/dpkg/status file and put lots of stuff where it wasn't supposed
> to go.
> here is what i did.
> first, i upgraded to the newest version of f-prot.
>  (4.1.2)
> for this, i knew i'd need the newest version of mailscanner because the
> wrappers had changed.
> i downloaded the latest rpm version, downloaded and installed all the
> required perl modules, used alien to convert the rpm file to a .deb file,
> it appeared to work fine but no go.
> can anyone help with the install, or give some suggestions?
> thanks.
> Jack

I used the .tar package to get it running. I had to install several
packages. Most are from stable, but a few (I think the upgrades) are
from testing. I applied the patches to the mime-tools as mentioned in
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/perl.shtml

 From my logfile: I installed:
[INSTALL] libhtml-parser-perl
[INSTALL] libio-stringy-perl
[INSTALL] libmail-audit-perl
[INSTALL] libmime-perl
[INSTALL] libconvert-tnef-perl
[UPGRADE] libconvert-tnef-perl 0.17-2 -> 0.17-3
[UPGRADE] libmailtools-perl 1.56-1 -> 1.58-1

[INSTALL] libdigest-sha1-perl   |       I'm not sure these
[INSTALL] libnet-dns-perl       |       3 packages are related to
[INSTALL] libtime-hires-perl    |       Mailscanner, probably Razor.

I don't know anything about exim. I use sendmail.

Peter \/.