Clamav-wrapper

Thu Aug 14 11:33:09 IST 2003

On Thursday 14 August 2003 11:18 am, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > Can a few other people try this out please, and let me know if it works
> > for everyone. The line to edit is in /usr/lib/MailScanner/clamav-wrapper.
> >
> > >ScanOptions="$ScanOptions --unzip --unarj --unrar --tar --tgz --lha"
> > >
> > >and this works. I lied by the way: The clamav port does not install
> > >unzoo, unace, jar, deb...
>
> I have it running on one of my machines. I also installed unarj, unrar and
> lha, not sure if they are needed, is Clam using it internally or will it
> use some external programs for the above mentioned ones ?

I think an important thing to remember about this test is to make sure Clam
gets fed with some zip'ed, arj'ed, rar'ed etc files, to see whether it can
handle them - otherwise we're not really testing the new options.

Regards,

Antony.

--

It is also possible that putting the birds in a laboratory setting
inadvertently renders them relatively incompetent.

 - Daniel C Dennett