MPEG file type

Mon Aug 11 20:28:17 IST 2003

On Monday 11 August 2003 4:56 pm, Lewis Bergman wrote:

> I searched the archives and found the discussion related to the filetype
> directive. For those like me that are less aware of various threats could
> someone please summarize why I might want to block the various movie file
> types?
> MPEG
> MNG
> AVI
> QuickTime

They're not so much threats (AFAIK), as simply files which businesses in
particular might be interested in blocking people from sending or receiving
as attachments.

Remember that MS is not only used to stop things (such as viruses) which
might cause problems if they were to arrive, but is also used to implement
acceptable use policies etc, especially by the use of extension or file type
matching.

Regards,

Antony

--

The first ninety percent of an engineering project takes ninety percent
of the time, and the last ten percent takes the remaining ninety percent.