MySQL logging

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Mon Aug 11 18:35:50 IST 2003

Hi Chris,

It's up to you what you use ;-)), and it really depends on what you want to
do.

If you have a look at the archives (search for SQL Logging) - there was a
recent thread where I compared the two types of SQL Logging available for
MailScanner.

Going back to your original question - you are using the code supplied with
MailScanner, this writes the log to a temporary file first, then writes all
the values to the database when it restarts, so try restarting MailScanner,
check the logs for any errors, then check the database and see if it's got
anything in it...

Cheers,
Steve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris.Campbell at fac.com
To: Steve Freegard
Sent: 11/08/03 18:25
Subject: RE: MySQL logging

I am using the code with MailScanner... should I be using Mailwatch?

Thanks!
Christopher S. Campbell
UNIX Admin
First Albany Corp
518.447.8544
chris.campbell at fac.com

                    Steve Freegard

                    <steve.freegard at lbs       To:     "'Chris Campbell
'" <Chris.Campbell at FAC.COM>
                    ltd.co.uk>                cc:

                                              Subject:     RE: MySQL
logging
                    08/11/03 01:13 PM

Hi Chris,

Which version of the SQL logging are you using?? - the code supplied
with
MailScanner, or the code that comes with MailWatch??

If you using the former - then you won't see any data until you either
restart MailScanner, or when the MailScanner children die of old age.

Kind regards,
Steve

--
Steve Freegard