Messages in Mqueue not being delivered

Fri Aug 8 21:48:29 IST 2003

On Friday 08 August 2003 9:40 pm, Richard Peiper wrote:

>         99% of the files in the directory are df files. There are *NO*
> corresponding qf files of any kind (Qf, qf, tf, etc).

Weird.

>         So it sounds like the messages either got delivered or the queing
> process had a problem generating the qf files.

I can't imagine why it wouldn't be able to create a qf file if it managed to
create the df file.

Is there any way (perhaps by looking at the content of some of the df files,
which are simply the bodies of the emails without the headers) of finding out
of these emails did in fact get delivered, but there was then a problem
deleting the df file afterwards?

One way of looking at the problem is:
if you don't have the qf file, then you have no idea who the email was from,
or who it was to, so you may as well delete the df file, because you can't do
anything with it...

>         Nothing shows in the logfiles for that period.

Nothing!?   No successful delivery, no problem, no "queued" message?

Weirder...

Antony.

--

If you want to be happy for an hour, get drunk.
If you want to be happy for a year, get married.