Messages in Mqueue not being delivered

Richard Peiper rpeiper at WACA.COM
Fri Aug 8 21:40:19 IST 2003

        99% of the files in the directory are df files. There are *NO*
corresponding qf files of any kind (Qf, qf, tf, etc).

        So it sounds like the messages either got delivered or the queing
process had a problem generating the qf files.

        Nothing shows in the logfiles for that period.

        Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Antony Stone [mailto:Antony at SOFT-SOLUTIONS.CO.UK]
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 4:31 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Messages in Mqueue not being delivered

On Friday 08 August 2003 9:15 pm, Richard Peiper wrote:

>         We are running MailScanner 4.50 with the patch, and Spamassassin
on
> a RedHat Linux 8.0 machine. Twice in the past 2 days the mail has stopped
> being delivered. It comes in, and is scanned, moves from mqueue.in to
> mqueue then just sits there.
>
>         Any ideas? Are these old messages now marked as undeliverable and
> will never be delieverd again? Help please?

Do the files in your mqueue directory consist entirely of df.... and qf....
pairs, or do you have Qf... and/or xf.... files as well ?

Do the system logs show anything significant at the time the mail stopped
being delivered (maybe, for example, a virus database update which got
stuck?)

Antony.

--

You can spend the whole of your life trying to be popular,
but at the end of the day the size of the crowd at your funeral

 - Frank Skinner