Notifications?

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Fri Aug 8 15:49:27 IST 2003

The activestate product is "PureMessage":
http://www.activestate.com/Products/PureMessage/system_requirements.plex

I noted it when someone linked to the associated "Field Guide to Spam" on
slashdot.  Although certainly not complete, that document might be nice to
show to management or others as a quick intro to the complexity of spam
filtering:
http://www.activestate.com/Products/PureMessage/Field_Guide_to_Spam/tricks.p
lex

I think the idea to quarantine spam and allow users to release it if they
desire might be a nice, low-admin-overhead way of letting users search for
false positives on their own, but wouldn't it also require splitting
messages before MS sees them?  Otherwise I would expect that there may be
issues with one user releasing a spam expecting it to come only to him and
inadvertantly sending it to other recipients of the original message.  I
really like the idea though.