trend mircro with MailScanner

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Aug 8 14:42:58 IST 2003

At 14:34 08/08/2003, you wrote:
>On Friday 08 August 2003 2:11 pm, Julian Field wrote:
>
> > >I've just had an idea - why not to transfer all configurable paths from
> > >antivir-wrappers (PackageDir and prog) to virus.scanners.conf?
> > >Then for antivir it looked like:
> > >antivir         /usr/lib/MailScanner/antivir-wrapper    /usr/lib/AntiVir
> > >prog=antivir
> > >or
> > >antivir         /usr/lib/MailScanner/antivir-wrapper
> > >PackageDir=/usr/lib/AntiVir prog=antivir
> >
> > Not a bad idea, but let me think about possible consequences of upgrading
> > systems where people have already modified some of the default wrappers to
> > handle their own paths....
>
>I like this idea too.
>
>As far as people who've already modified the default wrappers are concerned,
>surely they need to be on the lookout whenever there's a new version (of MS)
>anyway, to make sure their customer wrapper doesn't get over-written?

I will need to rewrite update_virus_scanners as it now needs to be able to
parse a file sensibly.

I'll think about it and see how bored I get this weekend. Its competition
is sitting in a shady part of my garden with a chilled bottle of white wine
(possibly a Chablis) and a damn good book. Hmmm.....
--
Julian Field