trend mircro with MailScanner

Fri Aug 8 14:34:38 IST 2003

On Friday 08 August 2003 2:11 pm, Julian Field wrote:

> >I've just had an idea - why not to transfer all configurable paths from
> >antivir-wrappers (PackageDir and prog) to virus.scanners.conf?
> >Then for antivir it looked like:
> >antivir         /usr/lib/MailScanner/antivir-wrapper    /usr/lib/AntiVir
> >prog=antivir
> >or
> >antivir         /usr/lib/MailScanner/antivir-wrapper
> >PackageDir=/usr/lib/AntiVir prog=antivir
>
> Not a bad idea, but let me think about possible consequences of upgrading
> systems where people have already modified some of the default wrappers to
> handle their own paths....

I like this idea too.

As far as people who've already modified the default wrappers are concerned,
surely they need to be on the lookout whenever there's a new version (of MS)
anyway, to make sure their customer wrapper doesn't get over-written?

So, no more than the usual warnings needed, I would think?

Antony.

--

The truth is rarely pure, and never simple.

 - Oscar Wilde