Internet -> Mailscanner -> Exchange 2000

Ugo Bellavance ugob at LINUX.CA
Fri Aug 8 11:04:20 IST 2003

>Ugo Bellavance wrote:
>> would an entry in /etc/hosts would do the work, since I don't want to
>> setup a dns server just for that?
>>

>Surely you already have DNS, otherwise how does your mail get to you?

My MX DNS record gives the address of my external firewall (1.2.3.4, for
example), which does NAT and forwards trafic on port 25 to my MailScanner
mail server, which would be, for example, 192.168.1.2 and then MS server
sends the filtered messages to my internal firewall (192.168.1.3), which
forwards the packets to the Microsoft Exchange server.

We are a small office (8 users), so we use basic networking equipment.