ANNOUNCE: beta release 4.23-1

Gary Smithe gsmithe at OFALLON90.NET
Thu Aug 7 21:00:18 IST 2003

Julian,
        I'm on version 4.21-9. Like many, I try stick to a known good version of software, but I've seen references where you suggest people upgrade to a newer version for general improvement and bugfix reasons (unless I misunderstood of course).

If we don't need anything specific in the newer releases, how often should we upgrade for "general purposes?"

The reason I'm asking is:
a: the release here is beta
b: I'm getting a new server and will be installing security updates and such, but wanted to know what to do with MS (stick to my current version, which works great, or go to a new version).

Thanks,

Gary