OT: Sendmail setup - better list suggestions?

Thomas DuVally thomas_duvally at BROWN.EDU
Thu Aug 7 18:29:43 IST 2003

All,
        I know this is WAY off topic/list, but I need help.  Send me to a
better list of you know of one, but I can't find any.

Question:  We have sendmail doing LDAP lookups on addresses before we
accept mail.  It the recipient is invalid, the server errors with "user
unknown".

Good for spam control, bad for users 'cause we use it as out smtp
relay.  User sending to large list gets error and mail doesn't get sent.

        Anyone out there doing this sorta thing?  Anyone doing it differently
that seems better?  And yes, our MX and our SMTP relays are the same
systems.

--
Thomas J. DuVally

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x15F233F6