Sophos and PDF revisited

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Thu Aug 7 17:44:17 IST 2003

Good Day,

Setup: MS 4.22-5, Sendmail 8.12.9, SpamAssassin 2.55, current version of
Sophos

I am receiving the following error messages on some PDFs that go through
MailScanner:

        Report: Could not check ./h77FLfbR002021/blah.pdf (unexpected error
[0x80040202])

According to MailScanner.conf, "Anything on the next line that appears
in brackets at the end of a line of output from Sophos will cause the
error/infection to be ignored."

I have added "0x80040202" to "Allowed Sophos Error Messages=" but the
quarantine still occurs.  I have also tried adding "unexpected error,"
with no luck.

So, I decided to add "allow \.pdf$ - -" to filename.rules.conf, but the
quarantined still occurs.

Any suggestions on what I could do to allow the PDFs with the above
error message?

Thanks,

Dustin
--