SpamAssassin domain rules

Chris-Personal chris at TRUDEAU.ORG
Thu Aug 7 14:33:36 IST 2003

Hope you're staying cool over there...I am using a different mail address as
my ISP was having problems with the forwarding scenario:

Yes most of the options are configurable via MailScanner and the system
works really well thanks!

However, I COULD potentially require different bayes databases for different
domains, this is MUCH easier if I can simply base SA paramters based on
domain and point each SA configuration at a different set of BAYES
tokens...hope I'm making sense...

Using the example below:

If I include a rules pointer here:

SpamAssassin Prefs File = %etc-dir%/spam.assassin.prefs.rules

That pointed to a prefs file like this:

FromOrTo:        example.com
/etc/MailScanner/rules/example_sa_prefs.conf

So that the "example_sa_prefs.conf" file has domain level SA configuration
pointing to a tuned bayes database for the example.com domain.  In addition,
I can limit RBL use, DCC and Razor use as well as SA timeout paramters for
SA on a domain-by-domain basis if this configuration is possible.

Judging from the response, should I assume that rules with SA are not a
reality in the current version?

THX
CT