Forwarding all ham to a mailbox

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Aug 6 23:50:34 IST 2003

At 22:53 06/08/2003, you wrote:
>Is it possible to send a copy of all good mail to a mailbox by default?
>This is for bayes. Or do I have to have users forward e-mail to the mailbox?

SpamAssassin automatically learns from mail which its other rules say is
definitely ham. So most of this is happening for you already.

Just blindly putting what you think is probably ham back into bayes is a
bad idea, you only want to use what is *definitely* ham. This is either
judged using extremely low (negative) spam scores (which is what
SpamAssassin is already doing for you anyway), or it's judged by human beings.

If you really want to copy all ham to a mailbox somewhere for any reason,
take a look at the "Non Spam Actions" configuration parameter. You could
set this to "deliver store" for example. You can also do it with the
"Archive Mail" configuration parameter.
--
Julian Field