Lots of MAILER-DAEMON messages

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at WEBTENT.COM
Wed Aug 6 23:14:35 IST 2003

I installed MailScanner 3.21 a couple of days ago on my Cobalt RaQ4r
(Linux) and it has been working fine, however, ever since I have been
receiving a lot of messages generated only to me and not any users
(thank you). I'm sure I am getting the messages because they all seem to
be related to undeliverable messages after trying the local host name
for delivery, which is my mailboxes.

Anyway, there are basically two messages that get generated constantly
throughout the day. The first tells me that I have sent a virus, which I
haven't:

========================START MESSAGE
From: "MailScanner" <postmaster>
To: <me at example.com>
Subject: Warning: E-mail viruses detected
Our virus detector has just been triggered by a message you sent:-
  To: <fr at hre.e>
  Subject: (On many systems, the PPP Adapter is
  Date: Wed Aug  6 18:00:46 2003
Any infected parts of the message have not been delivered.

This message is simply to warn you that your computer system may have a
virus present and should be checked.

The virus detector said this about the message:
Report: /home/spool/MailScanner/incoming/h76M0Df02980/has.bat
Infection: W32/Klez.H at mm Batch files are often mailicious in has.bat

MailScanner
Email Virus Scanner
www.mailscanner.info

The second is a non-delivery message from MAILER-DAEMON: