Update on F-prot issue

Alan Fiebig mailscanner at ELKNET.NET
Wed Aug 6 02:35:56 IST 2003

If you are comfortable with your rationalization, and care to take the risk of possibly having to use such a defense in court, and feel it is an ethical position, then who am I to try and dissuade you? If the fact that the computer you are doing the scanning on received the files being scanned via the SMTP protocol, and the fact that the program handing off the files to be scanned is named 'MAILscanner', and the fact that the files are passed off the computer again using the SMTP protocol, if all those issues are irrelavant to you, then so be it.

I only know that I, personally, would not put my job and company in such a position.

This isn't an argument, only a position. Thanks for the opportunity to reply to your thoughts, but as I'm not on a soapbox on this, I'm not planning on making any further defense of my opinion.

-Alan