Which is better for use with MS? Sendmail, postfix, exim.......

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Tue Aug 5 17:36:15 IST 2003

Samuel Luxford-Watts <slwatts at WINCKWORTHS.CO.UK> wrote:

>Just a quick question and I hope it doesn't cause too much traffic to the
>list but I was wandering which MTA is best for use with MS and SpamAssassin?
>I would also like to config and log using mysql if possible.

I recommend Exim, because its ACL system allows you to be as strict as
you wish about which messages are accepted by your system before they
even get as far as MailScanner. This means you have less difficulty
dealing with forged email and double bounces etc.

Tony.
WIGHT: EASTERLY 5 OR 6 BECOMING VARIABLE THEN WESTERLY 3 OR 4. THUNDERY
SHOWERS LATER. MODERATE, WITH FOG PATCHES DEVELOPING.