Spamassassin not working except when called manually. Perl problem ?

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Tue Aug 5 16:33:31 IST 2003

Denis Croombs <denis at CROOMBS.ORG> wrote:

>Any clues as this is driving me mad, but I have other servers that I look
>after for people and these work perfectly, I am trying to work through
>comparing this system to my system to find the problem for a friend of mine

Run MailScanner with the Debug and Debug SpamAssassin options set to Yes.
Look at the self-tests that SpamAssassin does at start-up and check
that it's finding its rules directories OK. If it isn't you'll need
to set the paths in the various advanced SpamAssassin options in the
MailScanner.conf appropriately.

Tony.
ROCKALL: VARIABLE 3 OR 4. DRIZZLE AT FIRST. MODERATE OR POOR.