Filename rules

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at WEBTENT.COM
Mon Aug 4 16:52:18 IST 2003

Does sendmail have to be restarted in order to get changes to the
filename.rules.conf file to take affect. I added an allow statement that
did not work in allowing a certain extension to be allowed. I put it in
the allow section atop the file prior to any deny statements. I then
tried to comment out (# in front of the line) the deny statement found
in the VirusWarning.txt file indicating the rule that intercepted the
attachment. Again, same response, the file attachment was replaced. I am
only restarted Mailscanner after making changes and curious to know if
sendmail needs to be restarted. If that is the case, I'll just restart
tonight after hours. If not, here is my allow statement:

allow   \.icx$                  -       -

The files being replaced have this extension (is it case sensitive?).
However, like I said above, I tried to comment out the following line
and it still intercepted the file:

# deny  \.[a-z][a-z0-9]{2,3}\.[a-z0-9]{3}$      Found possible filename
hiding               Attempt to hide real filename extension

The VirusWarning.txt file indicates this is the rule intercepting the
message:

Attempt to hide real filename extension in
ABH_CORRECTIONS_080403.PDF.ICX

--
Robert