mimail slipping through

Mon Aug 4 16:43:31 IST 2003

Hi!

> Some of our clients want all filenames, regardless of extension to be
> passed through. I setup a ruleset for filenames and filetypes accordingly.
> As I understand it these attachments do still get scanned for viruses?  If
> so mimail isn't being detected.
>
> I'm using f-prot sith SIGN/SIGN2.DEF dated August 2nd and MACRO.DEF dated
> July 28th - I think these are up to date?

F-Prot is not catching this! I have a open ticket but they didnt respond
at all. For me its time to switch to another virus product, i really cant
live with the fact they take 4 days to fix something like this. Even
ClamAV outperforms them with virus updates.

My suggestion, scan with Clam also for some time, use two scanners...

Bye,
Raymond.