Whitelisted

Ken Anderson ka at PACIFIC.NET
Fri Aug 1 23:56:16 IST 2003

Furnish, Trever G wrote:

> [...]

/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming is the only safe thing to mount in
memory. If the machine dies you don't lose anything. Julian explained
why this is the case.. I can't recall exactly how mailscanner handles
this though, sorry.

in /etc/fstab:

none /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/ tmpfs defaults 0 0

>>4. Sendmail's MaxRecipients = x is also a major factor, since each
>>message is cloned x times. I believe the default is 100 or
>>128... That's
>>probably too high if you are splitting all incoming mail into 1 recip
>>per message!

In sendmail.cf MaxRecipients is the maximum number of recipients for a
message that sendmail will accept. Using queue groups, we break messages
up _after_ we accept them. If you set MaxRecipients=1, you'll be denying
all mail entering your system with more than one recip, you won't be
splitting it up - Senders will see "Too many recipients" errors. :-(

Ken