Whitelisted

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at HERFF-JONES.COM
Fri Aug 1 23:38:19 IST 2003

Huh?  I am probably just at a disadvantage here because redhat doesn't ship
a man page for mount that documents the tmpfs option, but I thought the
incoming spool had to be on the same mount point as the outgoing spool or MS
would gag.  Doesn't that mean that we would instead want to mount
/var/spool/MailScanner, not only the incoming dir?  And besides, if tmpfs is
good enough for incoming, why wouldn't we also want to use it for outgoing?

>4. Sendmail's MaxRecipients = x is also a major factor, since each
>message is cloned x times. I believe the default is 100 or
>128... That's
>probably too high if you are splitting all incoming mail into 1 recip
>per message!

Lost me here too - sorry if I'm showing extreme ignorance.  I'm getting
ready to implement this, trying to understand thoroughly first.  I thought
MaxRecipients was getting set to 1, meaning "any message with more than 1
recipient, split into separate messages with at most 1 recipient."  So if I
have maxrecipients set to 1 and a msg comes in with ten recipients, I've
cloned it 9 times, correct, not 1 time (maxrecipient being 1)?

-t.