MAILSCANNER Digest - 21 Apr 2003 to 22 Apr 2003 (#2003-113)

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Wed Apr 23 17:09:21 IST 2003

El 23 Apr 2003 a las 16:22, Richard Alexander escribió:

> My original post was because the mail seemed to be hanging up in the mail
> queue, even though i set it to be in queue mode and process every 5 seconds
> (i thought).  After leaving it in there for a while, it seems to be
> delivering it after about 15 minutes.  (this is a test server, and the
> only traffic is the couple of messages that I am sending).  These are
> outgoing mails.
>

> >You don't need to start spamd at all, why are you doing that?
>
> Maybe i am confused on that.  I did the default install of Red Hat 9.0 and
> chose Spam Assassin as one of the install options.  I also set to run on
I gues spamassassin's default installation thinks you want to run spamd...
you can probably disable that via
/etc/rc.d/init.d/spamassassin stop
chkconfig --del spamassassin
(so it doesn't start next time you reboot).

> startup in ntsysv.  I just removed that.
>
> MailScanner.conf
> Delivery Method = queue
This is probably the culprit... if you use "Delivery Method = queue",
MailScanner just leaves the messages in the sendmail queue, which, usually is
processed every 15 minutes (you can change that in the MailScanner startup
script at /etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner).

If you use "Delivery Method = batch", MailScanner directly invokes sendmail
to immediately deliver your messages after it has processed them

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby