Outbound disclaimer issue

Mark Puchalski Mark.Puchalski at HONIGMAN.COM
Mon Apr 21 21:01:03 IST 2003

I've been setting up MailScanner w/SpamAssassin in a test lab as we
prepare to migrate from GroupWise to Exchange in the next few months.

I have gotten my sig.rules file set up so that inbound messages do not
receive the disclaimer, but all outbound messages do.  I want to exclude
certain domains from this, however.  My sig.rules file is a follows:

From:  10.50.    yes
FromTo:  default    no
To:  *@mobile.mycingular.com  no
To:  *@messaging.sprintpcs.com no
To:  *@archwireless.net  no
To:  *@page.nextel.com  no
To:  *@honigmanmiller.com  no

I'm pretty new to this, so can anyone tell me why the outbound
disclaimer is being added to the domains specified above?

Thank you.

Mark A. Puchalski
Network Engineer
Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP

Office:  313.465.7167
Fax:      313.465.8267

Confidential:  This electronic message and all contents
contain information from the law firm of Honigman Miller
Schwartz and Cohn LLP which may be privileged,
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
The information is intended to be for the addressee
only.  If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is
prohibited.  If you have received this electronic message
in error, please notify us immediately (313.465.7000)
and destroy the original message and all copies.