Sophos "sweep" problem - a funny thing happended...

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Apr 18 20:50:05 IST 2003

If you are running MailScanner version 4, don't use any of the old version 3
scripts that you still might have lying around in /usr/local/Sophos. The
supporting scripts in version 4 are all in /usr/lib/MailScanner. You are
looking for
    sophos-wrapper
and sophos-autoupdate

Sophos recently changed the structure of their virus pattern library, and
this new layout is only recognised by the version 4 sophos-autoupdate
script, not by the old version 3 script.

If you are still running MailScanner 3, then download the tarball of
MailScanner 4 and pull the sophos-autoupdate script out of it. It will
almost certainly work just fine with MailScanner 3 :-)