stopping awl

Sylvain Phaneuf sylvain.phaneuf at IMSU.OXFORD.AC.UK
Thu Apr 17 14:26:25 IST 2003

Merci Denis. We have /root/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist  without the db extension and the file size is 10 MB. It is a binary file.

I renamed it then sent myself a test message from a yahoo account. The spam score is still in the minus side (exactly the same score as before the renaming of the file) suggesting that awl of some sort is still running:

Would I need to disable somthing else? Should the Bayes file in the same directory be renamed/deleted as well?

-rw-------    1 root     root     166314927 Apr 17 14:14 bayes_journal
-rw-------    1 root     root         3454 Apr 17 14:14 bayes_msgcount
-rw-------    1 root     root      5206016 Apr 17 14:13 bayes_seen
-rw-------    1 root     root     42049536 Apr 17 14:13 bayes_toks

Sylvain

>>> Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA 17/04/2003 13:53:08 >>>
I believe the file is: /root/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.db

Just delete or rename it.

Denis

Le jeu 17/04/2003 à 05:09, Sylvain Phaneuf a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I would like to stop awl for a while and I have disabled it in the MailScanner.conf file (SpamAssassin Auto Whitelist = no). But it looks like MS is still using the scores that were built up when awl was on. Can I disable that ? Is there a file that contains these score than I can rename/delete. If yes where is it?
>
> MS 4.12-2
> SA 2.50
> RedHat 8.0
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Sylvain

> Sylvain Phaneuf --- Computing Manager   | phone : +44 (0)1865 221323
> Information Management Services Unit  -  Medical Sciences Division
> Oxford University                               | email : sylvain.phaneuf at imsu.ox.ac.uk
> Room 3A25B John Radcliffe Hospital      | fax :  +44 (0) 1865 221322
> Oxford   OX3 9DU   England
Denis Beauchemin, analyste
Université de Sherbrooke, S.T.I.
T: 819.821.8000x2252 F: 819.821.8045