/etc/cron.hourly/check_MailScanner

Dale Lovelace dlovelace at HOTELS.COM
Tue Apr 15 17:09:53 IST 2003

  I have some machines where I have MailScanner installed for testing, etc. where I don't necesarily want it to run all of the time, but I am unable to turn it off because the /etc/cron.hourly/check_MailScanner script will restart it regardless of whether I have it set to run.

  I have modified the check_MailScanner script to find out what runlevel you are in, then check /etc/rc$RUNLEVEL.d/S??MailScanner to make sure MailScanner is supposed to be started before trying to run /usr/sbin/check_MailScanner..

  Perhaps if this looks good it could find it's way into the distro..

  Thanks,
  Dale

--
  Dale Lovelace