Exim4

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Mon Apr 14 21:24:25 IST 2003

Stephen Lee <splee at PLEXIO.COM> wrote:

>Many of my users use Squirrelmail (web-based mua), whether in the office
>or on the road. Since Squirrelmail runs on the same server as imap/exim,
>all mail is generated locally. Will the 1 exim.conf approach impact on
>this setup?

Yes, their email will not be scanned -- however since you have more
control over this setup than over a computer that provides full shell
access you can force the users (or rather Squirrelmail) to do the
right thing.  Instead of submitting email with `sendmail -t` (or
whatever the exact command line is) you should configure it to use
`exim -bd -odq -DSPOOL=/var/spool/exim.in -t`.

Tony.
BISCAY EAST FITZROY: SOUTHEAST 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6 IN NORTH BISCAY AT
FIRST. THUNDERY RAIN OR SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD.