Exim4

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Mon Apr 14 01:22:18 IST 2003

Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:
>At 22:04 12/04/2003, you wrote:
>>I'm thinking of trying out Exim4 with MS. In addition to the MS install
>>guide using the Exim/MS combo, is there anything else I need to be aware
>>of when using Exim4 with MS? I did find some help at:
>
>I've run it without any problems. You need to adapt the Exim 3 notes a bit
>for 4, as the sections in the exim.conf file are called rather different
>things. If you get really stuck, drop me a line and I'll mail you my
>(admittedly very simple) exim.conf and exim_send.conf.

Or you can try my setup which uses only one Exim configuration file. The
standard two-file setup means that all email is scanned (including email
generated on the local machine) but my setup only scans email submitted
via SMTP. This should be fine unless you have users on the machine.
Given a working Exim setup you only need to add two lines to the config
and change the way you start Exim in order to get it working with
MailScanner.

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/cgi-bin/faq?file=79

If you have any questions I'm happy to expand on that description
(I haven't had any feedback on it yet).

Tony.
MULL OF KINTYRE TO ARDNAMURCHAN POINT: SOUTHEAST 6, LOCALLY 7 FOR A TIME,
EASING 5. RAIN AT TIMES. MODERATE, LOCALLY POOR. MODERATE, LOCALLY ROUGH FOR A
TIME.